Thursday, August 15, 2013

Birthday Mail

   I stumbled upon a website with some good ideas.  The website is Dosomethinggood.org.  The more I looked at it they really didn't want me to be on it because it is for people under 25.  Since, I am a girl scout leader and am always looking for service projects to do, I thought they had some great ideas.  This is the one that I am going do this year is Birthday Mail. The idea is to make homemade cards for children staying in a homeless shelter.
    First these are Birthday cards, so the card should be fun, creative and not gender specific. You can use markers, crayons, colored pencils, stickers, or glitter.  The inside should be left blank so whoever uses the card can personalize this.  On the website there is a creative guide with ideas or you can come up with your own.
    The website has a list of shelters in almost every region of the U.S. and they are expecting the mail and know what to do with it.  The girls will really like this project and I think we can do it in one meeting.  What a difference it will make to one special Birthday boy or girl.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment