Google+ Badge

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Let's Learn About Flowers

This was a project we worked on, so the girls could learn the parts of a flower.  We used a cup for the bottom and turned it over ( We probably should have used a bigger cup).  The stem was a large spoon wrapped in green tape.  The petals were just cut out of card stock. We used two different colors of pipe cleaners for the filament and style.  The anther was made by wrapping cotton to the top of the filament.  For the stigma we used yellow yarn wrapped around the style.  The parts of flower were all labeled with numbers and the bottom had a key.  I think the flower project was fun and educational.